Chief Water/Wastewater Operator
|Title:||Chief Water/Wastewater Operator|
Robinson Engineering is looking for a Chief Water/Wastewater Operator to work in Kankakee and Iroquois Counties. This position is responsible for the operation and maintenance of designated water and wastewater systems involving daily routine and emergency wastewater treatment, buildings and ground maintenance and custodial work. The position is responsible for all facility management responsibilities.
Essential duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
1. Conduct daily site visits.
2. Evaluate system operations.
3. Troubleshoot common water and wastewater system problems.
4. Conduct compliance samplings.
5. System maintenance.
6. Complete system reporting.
Qualifications for the position:
1. High School graduate or equivalent.
2. A minimum of 3 years related work experience.
3. Possession of Illinois EPA Class 2 wastewater certification and Illinois EPA Class B water certification or the ability to obtain both within six months of hire preferred but not required.
4. Excellent organizational, planning, and prioritization skills.
5. Ability to work independently.
6. Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
7. Interpersonal, problem-solving and decision making skills.
8. Valid driver’s license and good driving record.
This opening is closed and is no longer accepting applications