We are currently looking for a full-time Water/Wastewater Design Engineer to work in one of our six Chicagoland offices. The engineer will work with experienced professionals and provide senior level expertise to a range of clients in both the public and private sectors. Along with leadership and mentoring, the engineer will serve as a client liaison, manage projects, perform business development and marketing, and be responsible for undertaking water projects from proposal to completion.
The essential duties of the position:
- Perform computer modeling and analysis of water/wastewater systems, and design water/wastewater systems and related components.
- Plan and designs water mains, pumping stations, storage tanks/reservoirs, water treatment plants, and well water systems.
- Plan and design sanitary mains, wastewater pumping stations, wastewater treatment plants.
- Prepare engineering reports, engineering drawings and specifications for complex water/wastewater projects.
- Prepare estimates, schedules and change orders for public improvements.
- Perform construction administration and periodic inspection during construction of water/wastewater facilities.
- Attend public meetings with municipal engineers and clients as required. Attends evening Board meetings of municipal clients as required.
- Conduct quality check of all documents and reports, verifying accuracy of data, information and calculations.
- Thorough knowledge of the Illinois Environmental Protection Agency, Indiana Department of Environmental Management and Metropolitan Water Reclamation District of Greater Chicago permitting processes.
- Registered PE in Illinois and the ability to obtain PE in Indiana.
- 5+ years direct design and project management experience with all facets of municipal water or wastewater systems.
- 5+ years water or wastewater systems modeling experience, including model creation, calibration, and evaluation.
- Fluent with computer software including Microsoft Office. Knowledge of AutoCAD a plus.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to write routine technical reports and correspondence.