Robinson Engineering is looking to fill the role of Resident Engineer (RE) to be based out of our Itasca office and to work in the Northern and Western Suburbs.
The RE is responsible for multiple construction projects or a single project of a large scale requiring multiple disciplines which includes reviewing design and bidding documents; shop drawing review & administration; engineering observation of construction progress to ensure compliance with plans/specifications, and representing best interests of public agencies. The RE oversees field staff and contractors on the site and responsible to ensure quality construction in accordance with plans and specifications. In addition, the RE is responsible for approval of change orders, invoices, and payment applications which may include final payment and providing technical advice to the design and construction of the projects.
Requirements for the position include:
- Engineering or Construction Management degree and/or PE license in Illinois preferred***
- At least ten years related work experience in roadway and/or underground utility construction
- IDOT Documentation certification preferred
- Must possess a valid driver’s license
- Strong computer skills (MS Office required, CADD a plus)
***An applicant’s experience and certification may be substituted for the licensure requirement