GEOCON Professional Services is recruiting for a part-time Administrative Assistant for work in their Frankfort Office 5 days a week for a total of 25 hours per week.
This position assists staff members and union employees with administrative tasks in the form of typing, filing, scheduling, expense reports, record keeping, coordination of meetings and conferences, obtaining supplies, and working on special projects. Independent judgment is required to plan, prioritize, and organize a diversified workload.
Essential duties and responsibilities; include but are not limited to the following:
- Set-up of internal meetings, lunch and learns, and webinars.
- Organizes and prioritizes large volumes of information and calls.
- Scanning and filing of important documents.
- Responds to regularly occurring requests for information by phone or e-mail when necessary.
- Types general correspondences, memos, charts, tables, graphs, etc.
- Works independently and within a team on projects.
Qualifications/skills & knowledge requirements:
- High school graduate
- A minimum of five years administrative experience in an office setting.
- Experience in a union shop, warehouse and/or construction company preferred.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Must have knowledge of standard office equipment.
- Must have knowledge of a variety of computer software applications including proficiency with the Microsoft Office Suite and Adobe Acrobat X Pro (a high level of proficiency with Word and Excel is required).
- Must have the ability to use tact, diplomacy and professionalism in all interactions.
- Analytical and critical thinking skills required in order to gather and summarize data for reports, find solutions to various administrative problems, and prioritize work.
- Must be detail oriented and organized. Ability to multi-task in a fast paced, changing environment.
- Ability to travel occasionally to other office locations in the south suburbs and to provide own transportation.